Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween 2013

Once again, we forgot to get pictures of ourselves in costume. But, we did manage to get pics of our Lil' Miss. She is Cinderella this year. And let me tell you, she looks like a mini replica. I am so proud of myself for managing to make this costume as close to one of her favorite Princesses as possible. I hand drafted the sleeves and side bustles, the bodice and skirt come from Simplicity Pattern 2463, but I didn't follow instructions. I never do. I like to wing it, live life on the edge in dressmaking. I also made her petticoat, from an old slip of mine and some tulle, crinoline, and elastic, so that her skirt wouldn't fall flat. She loves this dress, and loves being a princess.





It was a cold evening.

Happy Halloween!!!!!

1 comment:

Justine of SewCountryChick said...

So beautiful Bethany Lil miss really looks like a princess?