Monday, October 28, 2013

Sweet Sweater

This last week, I sporadically bought this soft, stretch knit material from Joann's. It was 50% off, so I justified it. I bought a yard and a half, knowing my plans for it would be small. 
I literally finished this sweater within 45 minutes. You know how I did that?
I used Abby's Sew Much Ado Skipper Top Pattern. I've actually made several tops for myself and my daughter using this pattern. 
I know, I know. That pattern is for little girls. Well, when you're only 5'2" and bustless and boney - it's easy to get away with little girl patterns. So, for those of you who are normal sized women, with womanly parts, I suggest the Seafarer Top. I'll just go cry in the corner of the flat chested world.......
Anyways, I drafted my own long sleeve to add, and whipped it up. Done and done. 
I was hoping to be able to actually wear it, but it ended up being 80 degrees F. Southern California doesn't actually experience Autumn. Nope. We don't really get to wear the awesome Fall fashions until sometime around Thanksgiving. Maybe. 
Don't let this picture fool you. I was actually sweating.

3 comments:

Madalynne said...

I'm usually not a fan of these prints, but for some reason, I like this!

House of Pinheiro said...

This is stunning.. I want it

April Boyer said...

So cute! I have both patterns and wanted to make a long sleeve top for myself. Now to figure out my sleeves!