Thursday, November 7, 2013

Mood Love - Fabric Tour

During Fabric Weekend 2013, the girls went to Mood L.A. I did not go this day, I wish I had, but I did have a priority to attend to. But, they picked out a yard of the same fabric to all make something out of, and Leanne got a yard just for me! She is seriously so sweet!

So what's a 5' 1" girl to do with an expensive 1 yard X 60in of beautiful stretch jersey? Well, I wanted my monies worth, so I made two things. A TIGHT sheath dress, and a pencil skirt. I seriously used every inch and scrap of it I could. And am very pleased with the outcome. Both pieces are self drafted.

I wore the dress to a wedding back in May. I seriously made this bad boy in 2 hours.



This dress is so incredibly tight, I have actually popped the seams trying to get it over my ever growing rear end.

This last Summer was not kind to my body. I blame "vacation eating". Having to find every Gluten Free place to eat, and try almost everything on the GF menu.


The skirt, I wore to church a few weeks later.

I popped a seam in it as well.....

I seriously need to get back to cardio barre and morning smoothies routine. Also, time to cut back on the recipes that call for heavy cream. So glad these pictures were taken prior to extra baggage intake.


Check out these blogs for outfits done in this fabric:
Merrick
Melissa
Leanne
(Leanne recently moved, so her post will be later, stay tuned.)
Andrea
Jen
Miriam

15 comments:

oonaballoona said...

as a fellow shorty, you do NOT look 5"1! you could be the inspiration for robin thicke jam in both of these!!

Allan said...

Bethany these are both hot hot hot! You have such a great figure, trim, but curvy! Lovely.

{jen} iCandyhandmade said...

Both the dress and skirt are fabulous!!!

Allan said...

PS it's me Mim, that would be totally creepy if allan were commenting on your figure:)

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

Bethany these both turned out SO gorgeous! love love love them

and I'm totally cracking up at Mim/allan

Melissa | I Still Love You said...

I can't believe you made a skirt AND a dress out of this print!! Goes to show how utterly tiny you are.

You look AMAZING.

Meg @ Mood Fabrics said...

You look awesome and you are totally rocking our fabric!

Andrea Pannell said...

You look amazing!! LOVE!!! Very nice work.

Candyce Nicole said...

Wow, you look incredible! Such great fabric.

Miss Crayola Creepy said...

LOVEEEEEEEEE that dress! You are so talented with your sewing and drafting!

Miranda said...

a dress AND a skirt from ONE YARD? serious fabric magic happening over here girl! Love them both.

Leanne said...

These turned out amazing! I agree with everyone else, I am in awe that you made 2 things with your fabric! And I don't believe one bit about the packing on the pounds. You are tiny and adorable. And one day after I weed through these boxes I'll use my fabric!

Karrie S said...

I can't believe you are only 5"1'. You look like the tallest one in the group photo.

Kat said...

Gorgeous makes! I love the sheath dress. The fitted style really suits you.

Stacia, the Homey Owl said...

The dress is gorgeous. Self drafting terrifies me, but yours turned out so well!